Feed

Silly Eric

I foolishly allowed Affinity Designer to update itself a few weeks ago and its now cr oops, not very good as it keeps crashing. I suspect that this is also why Firefox is misbehaving as it happened about the same time. I've got the earlier version of A D on my external Time Machine drive. If I uninstall the updated version from my hard drive will I then be able to copy the original from Time Machine to my hard drive?

Re: Silly Eric

I expect so, it seems to be a nice clean "mac-like" app. Make sure you keep a copy of the latest version somewhere externally, then you haven't got much to lose.

Have you had anything else misbehave? It's a little worrying that several apps are doing it independently.

Tony is quite right, there may well be issues on your drive that have nothing to do with Affinity. I have used both A-Photo and A-Designer regularly (and through a string of updates and Betas) without issue.

You can delete either from your drive and re-download from the Mac Apple Store (MAS), or reset the app. If you are running a well-maintained System neither should be necessary. Note too that macOS Sierra requires A-D and A-P versions 1.4.3.

A good first resort to tidy the System would be to restart with the Shift key held down (Safe Boot, ignore the flashing screen warning). Don't forget to restart normally once the Safe Boot System is properly established.

Thank you gentlemen, I think I'll do the Safe Boot first, Then update my external drive to Sierra then download the updated version from the App Store to that drive, just in case I ever want to use it, delete 1.4.3 from the main drive and copy the older version to it. I did copy the older version to another external drive, from Time Machine, and it works perfectly, even to the extent of opening files I'd created with the new version; hallelujah.

Feed