Feed

replacement battery for macbook pro 13

I'll soon need to replace my rechargeable battery in my MacBook Pro 13! any recommendations apart from Apple store?

Re: replacement battery for macbook pro 13

Is it one with a battery that lifts out? (I think that was only fairly early models) If not, I think I'd go for Apple.

Thanks Mick, I'd have to unscrew the back to find out! its a mid 2009 model!

Hi Robin, you may be aware of all this, but for anyone else...

MacTracker:
The MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009) also included the integrated battery introduced with the MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2009)

Apple References:
MacBookPro5,5
Model Number A1278

iFixit
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+13-Inch+Unibody+Mid+2009+Battery+Replacement/1332

Replacement Battery (there are other sources):
https://eustore.ifixit.com/en/Parts/MacBook-Parts/MacBook-Pro-13-Unibody-Mid-2009-Mid-2010-Early-2011-Late-2011-Mid-2012-Battery-New.html

Screws:
Tri-wing screw heads need an (easily available) driver.

General tips for anyone:
The screws are tiny, so always use the correct screw drivers; work on a towel so that the tiny screws don't roll off the table; don't work over bare boards! Use an egg box to put the screws in as you extract them and number the order for reassembly.

Thanks Euan

When you have figured out how to do it, you may find that amazon could supply a replacement at moderate cost.

thanks lionel

another source for batteries for laptops cameras etc.which I have used for camera batteries is global batteries.co.uk

thanks Lionel, went for a Lavolta battery from Amazon, 2 screwdrivers included, fitted in just over 5 minutes, working fine!

Feed