Feed

Yahoo Mail

I have received an email from Yahoo (which I think is genuine!) saying I have 10 days in which to update my mail settings. From a quick look at Yahoo's page
http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN8353&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_CLASSIC
there seem to be a number of options.

I access my Yahoo mail from Mac Mail and from an iPad. It is the address I use when registering on websites so it gets lots of junk mail. Any recommendations on which option to go for?

Trevor

Re: Yahoo Mail

I have a Yahoo Mail account but have not had an email to that effect, also I don't get any spam on it at all. I also have a Gmail account which gets very little spam about 2 a week.

Looks to me like you need the IMAP option but haven't checked what's involved - probably nothing! I suspect the "new" just applies to webmail.

They should have some spam filters available which I guess you'd control by going to the web site and logging in to your mail then look for settings or similar.

Thanks Mick. Yes, my account is set to POP at the moment which may be why I've got the notification and Doug hasn't. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and switch to IMAP. At the moment I rely on the spam filters in Mac Mail which do a pretty good job and I do get the chance to scan through the messages in the Junk mail box before binning them. It's just that the more of them there are, the easier it is to miss something important that happened to fall foul of the filter.

Feed