Feed

iCal link from Wamug

I use iCal for a few things but not a vast volume , but rely upon the alert feature to warn me say 48hrs before and several more times before the event. I tend not to refer adhoc to the Cal.

The link from Wamug duly places all the meetings in iCal but the alert feature doesn't seem to be available.

What am I doing wrong?

Re: iCal link from Wamug

Not sure why this should be but my version is OK so I have sent a copy to you. I found to my surprise that clicking on the small 'fan' at the end of the calendar's title in the iCloud list brought up a small window inviting me to share it - so I did & sent it to your email address.
It seems that I can share any of my calendars with anyone.
I don't know if the updating of it for you depends on me being updated by Mick B or if you will get updates directly from Mick.
A nice little mystery for those who understand these things!

Which OS are you using John? Perhaps the answer lies there.

I don't add an alert to the meetings as not everyone would want one and those that do would all want different time scales. I don't know if you can add your own alert as, being a calendar you subscribe to, in principle you can't alter it.

Many thanks to Mark for appearing to assist, but thanks to Mick for the telecon which alerted me to the flaw and the reason for this.

Feed