Feed

Printing Labels

I would like to produce self-adhesive labels, similar size to Christmas card labels but with four lines of text instead of addresses. The text to be repeated on each label. Is there a simple (stress simple) way of doing this?

Re: Printing Labels

I'm sure most labelling apps would allow you to do this but it's quite simple to create a template in Pages with one text box per label - size to suit the labels you intend to use. You can give each box a border, print it off on plain paper (cost reasons) and hold it up to the light against a sheet of labels to check alignment. Remove the borders before printing when your text is placed.

Thanks Mick. I will try that.

Hi Roy, by using “Contacts” you can create and print your labels without any problems.

By using this method it is possible to create a page of labels using lines of text instead of an address.

Create a New Group with a name of your choice.

Create a New Card.

Instead of typing a ‘First Name’ in the “Name Box”, type the first line of your text.

Leave the “Second Name” blank.

Your computer will automatically use this line of text as a “Name” in “All Contacts”.

In the “Address/Home box” type the second line of text in “Street”.

When you have completed this line of text, use the return key to create a new line.

After each line of text, repeat this action to create another line.

When you card is completed click “Done”. Your card will now be stored in “All Contacts”.

Now click and drag this card into the “New Group”. By copying and pasting this card you can now create as many identical cards as required to fill your page of labels.

I use WHSmiths labels, A4 – 21 per sheet – 63.5 x 38.1mm. These are identical to Avery A4 J8160.

If necessary I can talk you through this, Michael Corgan, Mick, David or Euan will give you my phone number.

Many thanks Drew. Will try that. Have received your message from Michael but am just going out for the day. Will contact you later.

Thanks again Drew for the phone chats which ended with my label printing query being solved, using the procedure above. Much appreciated.

Feed