Feed

DVD programs

I can produce DVDs of superb quality using Toast Titanium but I want to produce ones of professional style that open initially with a menu giving a choice of which language to use and then choices between which of three different books to play or 'Play All'. There will therefore be six 'books', three in each language.

Re: DVD programs

I used iDVD in the dim and distant past, which does exactly what you want. Although no longer supported, it still worked the last time I checked so it might be worth getting hold of a copy and giving it a try.

Thanks Trevor, I am messing about with iDVD but I don't really care for it as the chapter markers can only be at regular intervals. I'm now thinking about upgrading my Toast 9 to Toast 16 for £60 which will be a bargain if it does what I want. Has anyone had experience of Toast 16?

Hmm...after seeing a post on MacUpgrade I find that I can 'buy' it but only for a year then I must 'buy' it again. Crooked b******! (sorry, that's a technical term).

Luckily they have no way of knowing you intend to use it in a professional (commercial) capacity or they'd charge you even more ;-)

I'm sure they would Mick, these people remind me of the time I ordered a harp from a very nice chap called Mr Shylock. When it arrived it was much smaller than I'd envisaged.

Very droll!

ha ha ha ...

It's years since I last used iDVD but I thought you could put chapter markers where you wanted. Have you tried clicking, dragging, wishing out loud on the timeline or whatever? You may well find that there is some slightly hidden way to do it. Sadly, as part of iDVD's decline, its Help files seem to have disappeared.

There are several programs on the Mac App Store that might do the job that you want; some have reasonable reviews and most are a lot cheaper than Toast. I have no knowledge of any of them.

Thanks Tony, but I've developed a Plan B: There is a firm in Stockport called Handel Productions who do 'DVD authoring' and will charge me about fifty quid to do the job. It will save me a lot of aggravation!

Feed