Feed

"SuperDuper" Fails to Copy

Started to backup from iMac HD to external drive (LaCie My Book Studio) via USB 3.0 cable when, after 2 hours, this message appeared in the 'Duper' window:
"Failed to copy files from Macintosh HD to HD Backup".
When I viewed the log, the message was, "Error/SDCopy: Error "Permission denied" encountered while setting HFS meta data for/Volumes/HD Backup_2/System/.....etc." The remainder is too long to insert here.
SuperDuper app has 'stuck' at level 2 Copy Files, which is in red.
It looks as if I could quit the app but wonder what the solution is to get a successful copy of the HD?
Any help/advice appreciated.

Re: "SuperDuper" Fails to Copy

I would quit SD and then try again. if that doesn't work, use Disc Utility to repair the external drive (it may be called First Aid rather than Repair if you have a late OS) and see where you go from there.

Followed your suggestions Mick, thanks. However, still not completing the copying. Sent the log to 'Shirt Pocket' who responded quickly, asking if I had an antivirus program running. I replied: I have ‘Firewall’ turned on in my iMac. Also have my ISP program called 'TalkTalk SuperSafe’. SP latest response: "Hm. Still looks like a "real" antivirus program denying access. You're sure you have nothing else?" Where do I check for anything else?

I switched off Firewall and SuperSafe, then restarted SuperDuper and it worked, right through to quitting automatically!
I suspect that SuperSafe was updated since my previous backup and that could be the problem. "All's well that ends well."

I always have the firewall switched on on my Mac when I do a SuperDuper backup, it only takes about 15 mins to do it

SuperSafe really is safe - it even stops you doing what you want to ;-)

Feed