Feed

iCloud

Due to Orange email closing its email service, I have had to change my email address.

I have changed my Apple ID, i.e. old email address, however in System Preferences > iCloud my old email address appears under my name in the left hand side of the window. How do I remove this please and replace it with my new Apple ID?

Re: iCloud

If you sign out and then sign in again, whilst I think it will proffer your old address, you can change it to the new one.

Out of interest, your Apple ID uses an email address (as it's unique to you) as a "user name" part but you can continue to use that together with the password even if you change to use a different address for your email. However, you do need to "manage your ID" to let Apple know your new contact details.

Hi. I have the identical problem to Drew - i.e. orangehome closure, Apple ID & change of Email address, resulting in loss of access to iCloud. Grrr. Obviously I cannot log in to make corrections, as my password and ID are not recognised by iCloud, despite being accepted by 'Apple'. I note the advice to "sign out and sign back in", but even that seems to require Password confirmation. I'm an IT user of necessity, but need more know-how than I possess. Any idiot-proof tips gratefully received. RP

Can you explain what you mean by "accepted by Apple"? iCloud is an Apple service and you use your Apple ID to log in to any contact with Apple - iTunes, App Store as well as iCloud. So, unless you've logged in to the manage your ID part of Apple's web site and changed the user name from your old email address to the new one, you will need to log in as you always used to.

As I've said above, you can continue to use your old email as a user name or change it to the new one as you prefer. If you stick with the old one, log in to the manage pages and change your contact details to the new address.

Many thanks Mick. All is now well - All calm and effective on the Email front!

Feed