Feed

Contacts Book to Mailing Labels

I am updating the Contacts List in preparation for the annual printing of Christmas card mailing labels. There is a useful guide, dated 5 Dec 2014 by Lionel, in "Useful tips etc.. " above. I assume this guide still applies to El Capitan 10.11.6 and I have a query where it says, "check that the name and title are as you would wish to see them printed". Each of my cards has a main heading of Mr & Mrs ... , lower down is a 'home' space and below that another 'home' space. Is the Mr & Mrs... in the right position as the header or should Mr & Mrs... be in the 2nd 'home' space as part of the address?

Re: Contacts Book to Mailing Labels

In my version of Address Book/Contacts I put the title e.g.. Mr &Mrs in the prefix section of the Name line this is followed by the first name and then the surname, each in its own field. The prefix field may not normally be there but can be added from the Card menu. This may still be there in the later versions.

Thank you Lionel. I hadn't looked at the Card menu but now I see the Prefix is what I called the main heading. So is the Prefix printed with the address which is in the 'home' field? Does the first name and the surname have to be in their own fields? At the moment I have them typed together in the Prefix. eg. Mr & Mrs A J Smith.

A useful tip that tends to get forgotten is that you can change the format of the address to suit different countries. In edit mode click on the address name e.g. home, work etc and the menu that drops down includes the option to change country format.

Thanks for the tip David. Have now checked and find that it is set for UK.

Returning to my question above re "is the Prefix printed with the address...", I find the answer is yes, having printed a test sheet on plain paper. Am now 'up and running'. Many thanks Lionel for the helpful guide.

Feed