Feed

What is the iPod Photo Cache?

In my Photograph Hard drive there is the above folder, with 50 sub-folders, numbered F00 upwards, each with a variety of files with names in the style of T103.ithmb, which I take to be thumbnails of something but I know not what plus a Unix Photo Database file. The file kind is an iTunes.app document and they don't open when clicked on. They are all created between July and August 2010. As there are around 400 of these files and each one weighs in at between 750KB and 1.6MB ( not that I've taken more than a random sample of course) what will I lose if I delete the lot? By the way I don't have an iPod, though I do have an iPhone.

Re: What is the iPod Photo Cache?

You mention "Photograph Hard Drive" which leads me to suspect that this is an external drive and not your internal drive is that correct? If that's the case, what files and file structure have you moved there from your internal hard disk? (The standard structure is to have a Pictures folder inside your Home Folder with all of your photographs in there.) Finally, am I right in thinking that you do not use iPhoto for cataloguing your photographs? If that's the case, then I suspect this is something to do with your cataloguing program.

Michael I have sent you two emails with info on the file, and I think it is something to do with photos on iPhone

Thanks to the three of you (Euan emailed me direct) for getting back so promptly. The articles sent me by Doug have answered my question and I shall return the folder to its rightful place, having deleted a copy from my Mac (but of course having no less than THREE back-ups!!)

Feed