Feed

Printing query, with Mavericks

I have amended a Pages "drawing" document.

On the desktop it displays as a filled A4 sheet.

Send to Epson Printer and it displays I would guess A5. Paper set to A4, scale to fit page, but try as I may I cannot get it to print full size.

Oversizing the document on the desktop doesn't resolve.

Epson say their Driver for Mavericks is unchanged from Mountain Lion.

Printer preferences are also set to A4.

Any ideas.

Re: Printing query, with Mavericks

I have evolved a "workaround" but still need tech savvy people to find the proper solution .

The Pages documents were historic files that had a 140% page set-up so as to fill the A4 sheet. These printed quite happily up to OS Mountain Lion.

But with Mavericks they printed A5 almost as if the 140% was being overridden behind the scenes.

My workaround.......... resave a version of the 140% A4 document / reset page to 100% and A5, then send to print on A4 sheet. Result A4 sheet filled as required.

I am puzzled.

And just incase you ask..................exporting the document back to Pages 09 (from whence it had evolved) thus putting it back into a known environment, still produced the print in A5. So I'm sticking with uptodate Pages but using the workaround at present.

Quite a lot of toing and froing here, John. It might be as well -- in similarly perverse circumstances -- to install, and print via, Adobe Acrobat Reader by exporting your page from 'Pages' as a .pdf. This process would resolve the 140% - 100% A4/A5 issue. The thing to avoid would be to print the +140% page at an extra 140% on top -- resolution is at stake.

Acrobat Reader has a more complete set of tools than Preview, one reason why Preview starts so quickly, and in particular it has a very flexible printing set up including the ability to shrink to fit, fill the page in proportion, etc. It is also easy to select just one page of a long series for printing.

Just remember to set Acrobat updates to auto to keep those pesky malware issues at bay (current version 10.1.8).

Thanks Euan. Still not clear why all worked fine with Mountain Lion / Pages 4.3 (in '09), but not with Mavericks / Pages 5.0

Stiil never mind, Your suggestion works brill. As described seemed slightly more to do than my workaround, but in practice was not and was dead easy.

Thanks again.

Feed