Feed

Mavericks - Keynote compatibility

I am partway through preparing a Keynote presentation on my iMac to be presented in January using my elderly white MacBook. Both machines are running Keynote '09 (version 5.3).

If I upgrade the iMac to Mavericks, I understand that I will be 'offered' free upgrades to all the iLife and iWork apps. Since the MacBook can't be upgraded to Mavericks, would this mean that I will no longer be able to prepare presentations on the iMac for delivery on the MacBook?

Re: Mavericks - Keynote compatibility

Hi Trevor,
you can relax, the Mavericks iWork app updates leave the previous iWork apps in your Applications folder. You should use these earlier versions to maintain compatibility with your MacBook. Enjoy!
-----------
As you certainly know, there have been posts all over the web (variously reported as "fury", "complaints", "issues", "downgrades" - according to temperament and knowledge)... Ok, so there have been "comments" about the new iWork apps losing some features or being in some sense dumbed-down to match iOS7. These posts are probably inevitable and similar to the row about iMovie and FinalCut Pro a couple of years ago.

The code for the iWork apps is being rewritten to improve and consolidate them, and nothing so complex can be delivered all at once. Enuff sed - Molesworth.

Feed