Feed

Acrylic Wallet

For some time I have used an Application called Wallet that securly keeps all my passwords and syncs them between my Mac, iPad & Touch over wifi - very clean and straightforward.
I suspect recent OS updates are responsible.
I doesn't do it any more and I get no reply from the developers.
The App store is still selling it.
A hunt around the web suggests they have been bought out by Facebook who only needed the programmers and it is no longer supported.

If what I hear is true can anyone recommend an alternative.
Mark

Re: Acrylic Wallet

I have just spotted the new [?] version of Keychain [iCloud Keychain] that will be included in Mavericks - it looks as if its what I need so despite the work of entering the data it will cost nothing.

I use a program called Pastor on my Mac, it can be used on the iPhone and iPad that app is called Pastor Reader

I have done Acrylic a disservice - they have replied to me and suggested a full shutdown of all gadgets and restart - in classic 'give it a kick' style it worked! Mea culpa!

Thanks for the idea Doug - I had moved from Pastor some years ago before they introduced Pastor Reader. Even so I want what I change on any one gadget to change on all others and I suspect that isn't how PR works.
iCloud Keychain will be interesting when it arrives although I feel a little more secure syncing over WiFi.

With Pastor when you change a password or add a new password you sync with your iPhone and the new password is there

Thanks for that Doug - I had misunderstood. If Wallet lets me down I will buy the iPad & Touch version of Pastor.

Pastor is donation ware but Pastor Reader you have to pay for can't remember how much but not a lot as I don't like spending money if I can help it

Haven't looked at the posting on here for a while. Just wanted to say that I've been using Wallet for some time on Mac iPad and iPhone. A really nice little program. Can recommend it.

Mark I have found a program called DashLane on the app store for all passwords and it also works on the iPhone,iPad as well and it is free

Thanks Doug - it looks really good - much more sophisticated than Wallet and positively reviewed by David Pogue.
Unfortunately one has to pay each year to get the wifi syncing.

Feed