Feed

My MacBook Pro

Does anyone know the reason why my MacBook pro randomly shows a black blank screen as if its shut down ? has anyone else had this problem ?

Re: My MacBook Pro

Just a guess but possibly a problem with the cable linking the screen to the body of the computer. Probably a simple (but not DIY unless you're feeling brave) fix. Check on iFixIt to see what's involved to see if it's worth going down that route before taking it to Apple.

I have a early 2015 MacBook Pro but may not be able to help you however please could you say how you get in and out from this situation?

Does it occur when you haven't typed or used the mouse for a while or while you are in the middle of typing or "mousing"?

How do you get the screen back, just moving the mouse or restarting?

Hi Mick Thanks i dare not touch it i will leave for the experts.

Hi Rick It does it when im in the middle of something i then have to press the on off button sometimes more than once .

Try rocking the screen back and forth - if it doesn't bring it back on it probably means it's not the cable.

Ok Mick
Thanks

Hi yes it does come back on when i move the screen back and forwards.

Hi yes it does come back on when i move the screen back and forwards.

😞 Seems it may be the cable then. I'd go for a professional diagnosis i.e. Apple. It may be a known fault with a F.O.C. repair (don't hold your breath!) or they can tell you how much it will be and you can decide to go for it or put the money towards a replacement, keeping the old as a spare.

Read and inwardly digest this web site
https://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

If your device is less than 6 years old then you should get a free repair.

I hate to be an Eeyore but my understanding is that there are caveats around the 6 years in UK law.

At more than 6 months old the consumer has to argue that there was a manufacturing fault or that failing in that way/time is unreasonable.

If there is a history of the fault with other customer's machines then they are very helpful.

I benefitted when I had a line appear on the screen of a late 2011 MBP, I had refund of the repair costs. This was in September 2016, the MBP had been bought new in July 2012

Feed