Feed

Apple Battery Replacement for £25, iPhone 6 and higher until 31 December 2018

Just had the battery replaced on my 3 year old iPhone 6s Plus for £24.99
It was showing 81% capacity in Settings/Battery/Battery Health/Maximum Capacity.

I booked it through Apple using the link below and had it done through Carphone Warehouse in Portsmouth, (who I would NOT recommend for their Customer Service), and it took 2 hours, longer than normal as they only had 1 Engineer available that day.

Here’s some info for you:-

Apple Battery Replacement for £25, iPhone 6 and higher.
Only available at £25 until 31 December 2018

Info from uSwitch:-
https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone-battery-and-performance/

Reason for offer:-
https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/features/iphone-gbp25-battery-replacement-programme-ending/

Book your appointment through here, https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=arshw&locale=en_GB&storeID=R174&lat=50.903818&long=-1.406383

Get it while you can!

Re: Apple Battery Replacement for £25, iPhone 6 and higher until 31 December 2018

Sorry, I couldn’t make the links active.

Re: Apple Battery Replacement for £25, iPhone 6 and higher until 31 December 2018

My iPhone 6 is showing 91% Maximum Capacity. Does anyone know whether the battery has to be under a certain figure in order to get the reduced price battery?

My unsubstantiated feelings is that the battery runs down much quicker than it use to. (A bike navigation app I've used for years use to last the morning ride plus a portion of the afternoon without recharging. It now barely lasts a morning.)

Just adding to this thread - I had the battery in my SE replaced today. It was showing 84% of maximum capacity (which seemed not to surprise the genius my appointment was with) but having played tennis in a freezing indoor court last week, my original battery threw a wobbly and gave me a message it was shutting down as it couldn't provide maximum power. However, after a few minutes in my pocket it returned to normal working but retained that message.

Now I'd always intended to get the battery replaced before the price went back to normal but just hadn't got round to it. I had a 1.5hour wait for it to be done but some of that was because having replaced the battery (£25 as stated) they tested it and weren't happy with the performance of my screen so replaced that too! F.O.C. of course.

The moral - get your battery (and everything else) checked before the end of the year!

My other half's iPhone SE had a battery-related shutdown (like Mick's) this week so I thought I'd better get my skates on.

Solutions in Bournemouth tell me that the replacement has to be done, not just booked, before the end of the year. They are fully booked (and looking forward to the ceaseless flow of battery replacements ending). However, the Southampton Apple Store still has slots in the days after Christmas if anyone need to move on this. I might see you there...

The other good news, for an SE at least, is that the full price (ie next year's price) has actually been reduced to £45.

Feed