Feed

The invisible app

I downloaded the latest version of Affinity Designer (1.6.1) on my Sierra partition but its invisible. File Find gives no results, yet when I double click on an Affinity file, version 1.6.1. opens it.

Re: The invisible app

Is it running from your downloads folder?

Not that I can see Mick, its virtually empty.

Type Affinity Designer into Spotlight then hold down the command key and it will show you where it's hiding.

It doesn't Mick, the panel just greys out. Sorry about the delay, I was stupid enough to submit to a 'flu jab, and its played hell my with immune system. I'd prefer 'flu any day.

Have you actually installed to version by double clicking on the .dmg file you downloaded and running the update?

Can you see any version of Affinity Designer in the Applications folder? My version 1.6.1 has a date of 1/3/18 by it in the Finder Applications folder.

Hmm.... I can't remember!
None in the applications folder But:
in the Finder, Apple - Recent items, gives Affinity Designer, two versions apparently identical. Clicking on the top one opens AfD 1.6.1, and on the second one, version 1.5.5

Sorry everyone, I withheld a possible clue; version 1.5.5. is in the applications folder on my other partition. As indeed is Version 1.5.1, but I copied that one from my older Mac rather than downloaded it.

Feed