Feed

Unread Email on iPhone 6

I have 2 email accounts on my iPhone. A Gmail and an iCloud one. My iCloud one shows that I have one Unread message even though I have read them all. I then deleted all emails from all accounts. My iCloud Inbox declares "No Mail" but at the bottom "Updated 2 minutes ago"
"1 Unread"
(There is nothing in Trash or Junk)

Any ideas how to cure my phone?

Re: Unread Email on iPhone 6

iCloud is an IMAP account so you won't lose anything if you delete the account from your phone then add it again. However, you will have (should have) lost the emails you deleted prior to this.

You're right they've disappeared from my Mac too including the ones I moved to a folder called keep. Knew there was something I didn't like about IMAP, it clogs up your phone with messages (receipts, jokes and prejudiced diatribes) you would like to keep on your computer!

Have deleted and re-added my iCloud email account. Even though I signed back on using my Apple ID with my Apple email address it notes the account as having a talktalk.net email address which is how I must have set it up originally.
So under ACCOUNTS I have iCloud (and Gmail). When I go to the iCloud one it gives my old talktalk address whereas the Gmail gives my Gmail address. However the iCloud receives and sends with an @icloud suffix!

Are you looking at your Apple ID? That is supposed to be an E-Mail address and Apple support told me that it should be both valid and not an iCloud address.

I think it has to be a valid address because it can be used in some recovery situations where they need to contact you through a trusted route. I'm not 100% confident of all this because some of the stuff the support guy told me didn't appear to be correct.

Things are not going well for me. Dropped the phone on the tiled kitchen floor two days ago and have just noticed to today that the glass is cracked. This evening more cracks have appeared as I probably flexed it in my pocket. A thicker case and a bigger battery would be my ideal phone. Now perusing the internet for a new screen.

However, back to the plot....
Interesting and probably why I used my old email address which I wanted to discard as I want the option to change internet providers.

After I re-added my iCloud email account the phone gave me a message that it had not backed up for 158 weeks. When I connected it to the computer it backed up to the cloud. When I found out that it had reset the destination of where to backup I reset it. Now all my data, including passwords (in a word document protected only by a password) are somewhere "out there". I thought by not encrypting my data I may be able to retrieve some of it if my phone failed and I did not want to buy another iPhone. Sailor V as the Italians say!

Data on iCloud gets encrypted before it leaves your device, if that's any consolation. Apple is proud of the fact that they don't have the key to access it.

Sorry about your phone; household insurance might cover it?

Feed