Feed

migrating contacts

When I recently migrated the contents of my old iMac to my new machine, one of the apps which did not migrate properly was Contacts. For some reason I only seem to have about half of the contacts. As far as I can make out it has only migrated the contacts which were in iCloud and not those which were on my Mac. My old iMac is still functional so is there any way by which I can manually transfer all my contacts to my new Mac. For example can I do a batch save as vcards?

Re: migrating contacts

Update
I was mistaken, the migration had only copied the contents only Mac and not the iCloud contacts. When I signed in to iCloud on the new Mac all the contacts were updated. Incidentally so too was my calendar.

I'd suggest you move all contacts to either iCloud or the Mac, not split them. iCloud would be better as you have more than one device. (If you select the "On My Mac" contacts, I think you should be able to just drag them all in one go to the iCloud section).

That sounds like a good idea. I think the On My Mac contacts are a historical carry over. Most of the currently relevant contacts are already on iCloud.

Feed