Feed

Mail Drop and High Sierra

Has anyone successfully used Mail Drop (sending large attachments via iCloud) on High Sierra?

I have just tried to use it for the first time in months and it doesn't work here. I tried to send a 15MB attachment from my iCloud address to another iCloud address; Mail didn't prompt me to use Mail Drop but just went ahead and sent it, so it was rejected for being too big (duh!).

I have Mail Drop enabled for my mail account (Mail Preferences) and Mail enabled for iCloud (in System Preferences) and haven't changed any settings since I don't remember when!

Re: Mail Drop and High Sierra

I have used it by logging on to my iCloud account and using iCloud mail that way to send large attachments

Re: Mail Drop and High Sierra

Thanks Doug; my comments were with the Mail app.

On further investigation today, it looks like yesterday may have been a glitch. I successfully Mail Dropped files to two different people's iCloud mail addresses including the one that failed yesterday). The user interface seems to have changed in that Mail does not prompt for whether you want to use Mail Drop, it just does it; this makes it that little bit harder to work out what's happening.

Apple's support page (30 March 2018) still says that you are asked whether you want to use Mail Drop so I'd be interested in anyone else's experiences.

Feed