Feed

Best Time to Buy?

Wondering if there is such a 'best time to buy' a new MacBook? (not a 'Pro' model). Will be for my wife for general domestic computing, not processing or storing images. Am not aware of when current models were introduced and when due for updating. Any recommendations on timing and/or models welcome.

Re: Best Time to Buy?

The best time depends on your requirements. As they sound fairly basic, it sounds as if the "outgoing" model would be fine in which case the best time is when there's a bargain on one at Apple's refurb store or John Lewis etc. If the current model won't due then you need to wait till the next launch to see if that will.

See if this helps:

MacRumours Buyers Guide

Solutions promised some "deals" on Saturday, they're reopening at the new shop. No word as to what but I guess some last year's Macs is a possibility.

Many thanks Mick and Tony. The MacRumours link has the info needed and I must visit Solutions on Saturday to view their 'offers'. Didn't know they are moving.

I have bought a few "last year's models" from Jigsaw 24 in Nottingham, they ship out quickly and have a very competent repair service.
See
Jigsaw 24

Thanks Derek. I see that Jigsaw have tempting offers on the MacBook at the moment.

Decision made at a very busy Solutions shop in Bournemouth this morning. Got the new MacBook with 10% discount. Thanks again for all the replies. Next question - please see my new post.

Well done Roy! 10% is worth having.

Look forward to you stealing it from your wife to bring to meetings in the future.

Feed