Feed

Macbook Pro

Just a little problem with the MacBook Pro it seams to take a long time to close down just of late Ie around 25 Seconds or more, Have tried reset pram to no avail so is there something that i am forgetting to do ? have done disk verify and all comes back on the disk so at a slight loss hope somebody has had the same problem and fixed it.

Re: Macbook Pro

Can you remember if you have changed something at about the time the shut down started to take a long time to shut down.

Does the shut down take a long time if you shut the machine down if you have not been running any applications.

Bring the machine to Saturdays meeting

I've seen this too, on two MBPs.

In my case, I have tenuously linked it to Time Machine: sometimes it has happened when I haven't had a back-up drive connected and I assumed it was TM making its local back-ups instead (that it will write to the back-u[p drive when possible). Could that, or some other issue with an attached drive, be the cause of your issue?

All sorted did a back up copy to machine then all ok, ! Up dates came as expected
but no further problems and now a quick shutdown achieved.

All sorted did a back up copy to machine then all ok, ! Up dates came as expected
but no further problems and now a quick shutdown achieved.

Feed