Feed

Dropbox

I downloaded Dropbox some time ago on my old Mini but couldn't figure out how to use it. I normally use WeTransfer but yesterday it failed three times and took an unconscionable time to upload, failing at, 53%, 76%, and 99%. In the end I had to send each of nine PDFs separately. Presumably it is trying to persuade me to sign up for the paid for version. In words of one syllable please could one of you chaps tell me how to use Dropbox?

Re: Dropbox

Why don't you sign up for an iCloud email account, you can send large files with that

If you go to DropBox you will see lots of things it can do, and under each item is "learn more" which tells you how to do it.

Thanks Doug, but I've already got a few email accounts and I don't want to over complicate things.
Thanks Mick, I just tried to sign up for it, but I must have done so already, and forgotten! The dropbox folder is 261 MBs so presumably is ready to go. Do I just bung files into it?
Then what?

Again, if you're logged in and navigate to the file(s) or folder you want to share, as you hover over the name, a Share button appears on the right hand side. Click this and you enter the email address of the person you want to share it with and select whether they can edit it or just read it. They are then sent a link to allow them access - to just that file or folder, not the whole of your DropBox

Thanks Mick, its been a strange experience; I double clicked on the dropbox folder and found a load of files from 18 months ago! Plus instructions for downloading Dropbox, which I did, then dragged the icon to the dock. double clicking on the icon has no effect though, I'm obviously missing something.

I've given up; I struggled to understand it for hours but it seems to be so stupidly American. I did succeed using WeTransfer via Safari rather than Firefox, in downloading 1.9 GBs from abroad, in a mere 82 minutes.

Feed