Feed

App from iPhone to iPad

I have an app on my iPhone which I would also like to use on the iPad. It isn't listed in the list of purchased apps on the iPad but I did buy it in the App Store from the iPhone. How do I have it on both devices please?

Re: App from iPhone to iPad

Assuming there is a version for iPad (do you know there is?) and that you're logged in using the Apple ID that bought it, you should see it in purchases.

You could search for it in the App store. It should offer to let you download it from the little cloud symbol with a downward pointing arrow. If it wants you to buy it again (even if it just says Get because it's free) then something is wrong.

Good point Mick. The version on the iPhone seems to be unsuitable for the iPad. There is an iPad version, which I am trying to buy but now have a problem getting into my account on the App Store! The "Touch ID" isn't accepting my 'touch' on the iPad. Can I change this to use my normal password?

Yes. Under Settings>Touch ID & Passcode you can set which actions will accept touch ID - it may be that the store is turned off.

Many thanks Mick. All 'up & running' now, including new app on the iPad. All synced, thanks to a Facetime chat with member Doug.

Feed