Feed

Problem uploading pdf files to Wordpress website hosted by Fat Cow

Since updating OS to Sierra I have tried to upload pdf files to the file manager of the site I run. It has steadfastly refused to let me to browse Finder to pick the file. I have never had this problem before.
I have spent some time on a live chat with the Fat Cow help desk, and they reckon it's a browser problem, and have suggested I try something other than Safari. I know there are quite a number around, but have no experience of any.
I'd be grateful for guidance on which one to go for.
Many thanks
John Lemon

Re: Problem uploading pdf files to Wordpress website hosted by Fat Cow

John, The first update to Sierra has just appeared and it does contains some Safari changes. It's probably worth trying that before you spend time looking at browser compatibility: it's something you'll need to do anyway and it might just address your problem.

I'd be just as suspicious of a change at their end. Ask if they know any of their rivals who will let you use Safari ;-)

Many thanks, Tony and Mick. I have downloaded the Sierra update and tried again, but still with the same result. I'll ensure that I download all future updates and keep trying!
Meanwhile, I have set up Firefox, and find that it does upload the files OK. So I'll continue using Safari as my default browser, with occasional excursions through Firefox to update the website.
Thanks again
John

I thought we had passed the days when web companies rejected Safari as an approved browser. The last problem I had was with the Ancestry site.

Feed