Feed

More Maverick stuff

Downloading Mavericks onto my newly partitioned iMac HD (only two partitions Euan, I am afraid!) I was asked for my Apple ID (which I knew) and a password. This apparently was not the password I use as Admin on the iMac. I asked for a reminder or reset and was told that this would be emailed to me. Now how can one access email with the iMac stuck at the beginning of the installation process? Closing down and rebooting into Snow Leopard did not produce the email. I went back to installing Mavericks.

Achieving this I opened Entourage only to find a virgin new copy with no emails or addresses. How would I copy these from the Snow Leopard partition?

Re: More Maverick stuff

The email would be sent to the address you gave Apple when you first set up the ID. You could log on to the webmail service of your email provider to see if it's there. My guess would be:

Ontel Webmail

You don't say how you installed Mavericks. If it was an upgrade to a Snow Leopard installation (which I guess it wasn't) the Entourage data should have come over. If however it was a clean installation then the second or third question it should have asked you on startup was about transferring information from another Mac or hard drive and you could have selected your old Snow Leopard installation to transfer data from. If that's all past then try running Migration Assistant (from the Application>Utilities folder. If all else fails, you need to transfer the default identity from SL. A Google search is your friend here.

Feed