Feed

iPhoto

Sorting through my iPhoto Library I find the some thumbnails come up with a black screen and a question in a triangle. I can't see why this has happened and how I can get the photos back. Any suggestions

Re: iPhoto

I have seen the same thing in Aperture after I have sent the image to Photoshop for some editing and returning it o Aperture as a PSD file - it comes up as Format not recognised. Recently discovered if I duplicate the black image via the right click context menu I get anther copy of the image created and shown. This may work with iPhoto - give it a try and let us know.

Thank you Derek for your tip, but it didn't provide anything at all. I am going to have to look through all the photos I have printed for the wife and children to find the originals and scan them I think

Have you tried using spotlight to find the missing files? It could be that they are still there but iPhoto has lost track of them. Failing that, can Time Machine help?

Doug, you could try launching iPhoto while holding down both the Command and Option (alt) keys. This will take you to the iPhoto first aid window. One option here is to rebuild thumbnails.

I have found two folders in iPhoto one has all blank squares the other has thumbnails with this underneath AlbumArt_{E6B09CF3-498B-5B83-7F4F-2B7C4EA9D7AC}_Small, and the are all small pictures. Can these be recovered.

I have tried all the options on rebuilding and repairing with no luck. Thank you for all your suggestions

When I open my iPhoto library in Aperture some of the photos open in full resolution and some open very pixilated, does this mean that there is something there to retrieve, Spotlight does not find anything.

Try Time Machine from within iPhoto.

Have managed to get back my photos by a combination of reinstalling iPhoto and iPhoto library and the running the iPhoto library from the desktop

Feed