Feed

iCloud

After updating a document in Pages how long should it take to update that document in iCloud. Does it sync automatically or have you got to set something up

Re: iCloud

is this from a Mac or a mobile device?

From a Mac, when you choose Save, all you have to do is select iCloud as the destination. From a mobile device, make sure that in Setup>iCloud and Pages that everything's set to use iCloud.

Changes should be all but instant unless it's a huge document taking ages to upload.

Thank you Mick, it is from my Mac

Having tried that and found it works, how do I save to a folder on my Mac as well.

I would suggest opening the document again and choose an On My Mac destination.

Depending on why you've elected to use iCloud, have you considered that a service like Dropbox may better suit your needs? You could just save it in the Dropbox folder and a copy is uploaded to Dropbox - unless you wanted two copies in which case you would save to your Mac then place a copy (holding down alt/option while you drag) in the Dropbox folder for uploading.

Thank you reply Mick. I have found out that to have these files I need that I have to save twice, once to iCloud and the to the folder on my Mac. I already use DropBox for transferring files between my son and myself and it is almost up to the free amount so I decide to use iCloud, now I have found out the way to use it I find it suits me very well.

Of course, it could be said that you don't need two copies unless you a) don't trust Apple to look after them or b) need access when you're not able to be online. Plus of course, if you work on the Mac version, the iCloud version is no longer up-to-date.

Feed