Feed

Burning DVDs to play through a TV

Why, after burning a DVD through my superdrive on my MacBook pro will it not play through a DVD player connected to my TV?
Wasted 8 DVDs trying to make it work.
John

Re: Burning DVDs to play through a TV

Did you finalise the disc after burning it, if you didn't they won't play.

Did you convert your Mac video format to TV format first?

VLC is useful: > http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html <, there are others. Try converting to MPEG-4, Xvid, .avi ...

What program did you use to burn the DVDs, when I download a program from iPlayer I always use Toast Titanium to burn DVDs to watch on the TV.

I do the same as Doug, but sometimes the file is not in the right format so I use Handbrake to convert it to MP4 first.

A demonstration of "How to do this" would be a great topic for one of our monthly meetings? (Dorchester?)

Okay folks,
Been away for a few days, hence the delay in responding to the possible solutions.
Many thanks for your suggestions.
Yes, I did finalise the discs before burning and I use Toast to burn. Have to admit though I have never converted the file to MP4. Will now try that. A demo would be a good idea at a meeting sometime in the future.

Thank you John, I will look forwards to it.

Drew

When I drop a video download on to Toast to burn a DVD Toast always converts it first before burning it to disc was it doing it for you.

Feed