Feed

Lost 'sent' emails

Yesterday I sent a few emails but today they don't appear in the 'Sent' folder and neither do others going back to last year. The ones that do appear are from March 2010 to October 2013. I have just sent another email and that doesn't appear in the 'Sent' folder. I haven't changed the Mail settings but I did buy an Apple iPhone yesterday and that was set up with iCloud and my local network. Could that have affected the file of 'Sent' messages I wonder and where could they be?
Mail is v4.6 0n OS 10.6.8 on an iMac.
Roy

Re: Lost 'sent' emails

You phone won't have affected the settings on your Mac.

Is your account POP or IMAP? Are you talking about an iCloud email address or another one?

It's a POP account Mick and I am just using my normal address. Btw - my emails are being received by the addressees. Roy

Your Mac should put the email in the sent box so it's nothing to do with your email provider.

Mail rules do not apply to outgoing mail (unless you've installed a utility to provide that function) so we can "rule" that out ;-) The only other thing I can think of is somehow your time is set way out so that the mail is in the sent box but filed with stuff from a long time ago.

Can you try searching for something you've sent to see if that finds it?

Problem solved thanks to Mick and iChat. The 'Sent' items were there but my scrolling hadn't been good enough. What a relief to be operational again. Many thanks again Mick and to this forum. Roy

Feed