Feed

Transferring Photos from iPad3

Hi all,

Two questions please.

I would be grateful if someone can explain (in simple terms) how to transfer my photos from my iPad to a MacBook Pro. Both machines are fully updated.

After transferring the photos is there a quick way to delete the photos from the iPad?

I have searched the Apple Support Forum and tried various methods without success.

Drew

Re: Transferring Photos from iPad3

Not a quick answer but hopefully will point you in the right direction for you.

Firstly, you could consider using Photo Stream. As you probably know, this will put any new photographs taken with your iPad on to all your other devices. Similarly, any photographs put into iPhoto on your Mac will be streamed to all your other devices. The photographs taken with your iPad will of course also be in camera roll and photographs put onto your Mac will presumably still be available in the camera that took them. However, as you talk about deleting them from the iPad this probably would not suit your needs.

The simplest way to get photographs from camera roll on an iPad into iPhoto on a Mac is to select them and email them to yourself, picking up the email on your Mac. These can then be imported into iPhoto.

If you display the photographs on the iPad and tap the edit button you can tap one photograph after another to select more than one at the same time. If you have hundreds of photographs to transfer then perhaps you need another method but this works well for a small quantity. You can use the same method of selection to delete multiple photographs at the same time.

If you connect up your iPad to your Mac, then stat up iPhoto you will see all the photos you have taken and you can import from the menu and delete after importing. If you let me have your email address I will send a screen shot.

All done and dusted.

Thank you Mick and Doug for your replies.

Feed